Westside Claims Ltd takes the protection of your information very seriously. We will only ever use your personal information to deliver the services you have requested from us, and to fulfill our legal responsibilities.
How we collect information from you?
When you engage us for a query or to deliver services whether through a meeting, call or via the Internet.
What information do we collect from you?
This may vary depending on which services you require us to deliver. The personal information that we usually collect may include:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your contact number(s)
- Your email address
- Your National Insurance number
- Your Bank account details
- Your Vehicle Details and photographs of the damage to your vehicle Taken by us
- Your IP address (only when viewing our website)
How is your information used?
Generally, reliant on the services you’ve engaged with us to deliver. As a part of providing you with our agreed service(s) we may use your information to:
- Contact you via post, email or phone
- Verify your identity
- Understand your needs and how they can be met
- Maintain our records in accordance with applicable regulatory and legal obligations
- Prevention of crime, fraud or corruption
Where we have ceased to act for you, we are required by legislations and other regulatory requirements to retain your data, typically between five or six years, this may vary with the applicable legislation. To ensure that we are compliant with the relevant requirements, it is the policy of the firm to retain all data for a period of seven years from the end of the period concerned.
Who has access to your information?
- We will not rent or sell your information to third parties
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes
- All staff that access your information have a duty of confidentiality under the ethical standards that this firm is required to follow.
Third Party Service Providers that work on our behalf
In order for us to complete tasks for you, we may pass your information onto or through a third party service. When we use a third party service we only disclose information that is necessary to enable us to deliver the service. All third parties are legally obliged to be compliant and will not use the data for their own purposes.
Please rest assured that we will not release your information to third parties unless we are required to do so by law, for example: by court order.
How can you access and update your information?
It is important to us that we keep your information updates. If any of your information changes please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0208 567 9411.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that Westside Claims Ltd holds about you.
What security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
Whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given, or where you have chosen, a password which enables you to access information, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Your data will usually be processed in our offices in the UK. However, to allow us to operate efficient digital processes, we sometimes need to store information in servers located outside the UK, but within the European Economic Area (EEA). We take the security of your data seriously and so all our systems have appropriate security in place that complies with all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements.
Occasionally we may contact you by email with details of any changes in legal and regulatory requirements or other improvements that may be relevant to your affairs.
Where applicable, we would like to contact you regarding other services we provide which may assist you further. If you’d like us to contact you regarding new services, you can simply email us with the word ‘Yes’ to email@example.com. You may also opt out of us contacting you just as easily by emailing us with the word ‘No’
- Access to your information: You have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold.
- Correcting your information: We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date and you may ask us to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
- Deletion of your information:
You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you were:
· You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained
· You have validly objected to our use of your personal information
· Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations
· We are using your information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent
Restricting how we may use your information:
In some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information. This right might apply, for example, where we are checking the accuracy of personal information about you that we hold or assessing the validity of any objection you have made to our use of your information. The right might also apply where there is no longer a basis for using your personal information but you do not want us to delete the data. Where this right is validly exercised, we may only use the relevant personal information with your consent, for legal claims or where there are other public interest grounds to do so.
Objecting to how we may use your information:
Where we use your personal information to perform tasks carried out in the public interest then, if you ask us to, we will stop using that personal information unless there are overriding legitimate grounds to continue. [You have the right at any time to require us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.]
Withdrawing consent to use your information:
Where we use your personal information with your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given.
Please contact us via email or phone if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep this privacy notice under regular review and will place any updates on www.westsideclaims.co.uk. This privacy notice was last updated on 24th May 2018
Tel: 0208 567 9411
Address: Westside Claims Ltd, 23 Church Road, London, W7 3BD
We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle your personal information but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone – 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745